March 17, 2020
A letter to the Hemlock Harling community,
Over the past 10 days our team, in conjunction with Hemlock Printers, has been focussed on the implementation of measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
First and foremost, we want to convey our utmost commitment to the safety of our staff and their families, our valued clients, our suppliers and the wider community.
The situation, as we all know, is very fluid and changing daily. We are responding accordingly and will continue to adjust our practices to align with the requirements and recommendations of our regional and national public health authorities.
We will be providing updates through our website and social media channels as our response to COVID-19 evolves.
As of today, we have taken the following measures:
Cleaning and Sanitization Measures
Starting March 6th, we implemented a series of strict cleaning and sanitizing measures throughout our facility which involve all staff as well as our contracted cleaners
- These measures are being closely coordinated and monitored by the Hemlock Harling Management Team (Paul Mackie, Joe Pennell and Alex Chan)
Restricting Access to our Facilities
- We are restricting outside access to our facilities to essential visits only
- Onsite customer and supplier visits, tours and meetings are no longer permitted until further notice
- All pick-up and deliveries will be restricted to our Shipping and Receiving areas only
Protecting our Staff within our Workplace
- We are implementing work-from-home measures for staff wherever possible
- Our Sales team is working from home
- Other members of our office staff are working from home wherever possible
- Within our workplace, we are adopting social distancing measures, restricting meetings and ensuring our staff are able to conduct their duties at a recommended distance from others
Current Operations and Business Continuity Planning
- At this time, Hemlock Harling is operating at full capacity with no anticipated interruptions within our supply chain
- Given the extreme measures taken throughout the world, including Canada and the US, we understand and accept the possibility of a direct impact to our operations
- As part of our business continuity planning, Hemlock Harling has established partner facilities to enable continuity of production and we are preparing for this possible scenario should the need arise
- We are closely monitoring the situation and in ongoing dialogue with our partner facilities to adjust our business continuity plans as regional and national measures are announced
- Should you require detailed information concerning Hemlock Harling’s business continuity plans, please consult with your Account Representative or with your primary Hemlock Harling contact
We are committed to keeping all stakeholders informed and updated on our response to the COVID-19 outbreak and in doing our part in the global fight against this virus.
As we collectively work through these challenges, we thank you for your ongoing business and support. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or feedback.
General Manager, Hemlock Harling Inc.
President and COO, Hemlock Printers